This article shows you how to manually update tablet software on your SIERA.AI device using the touchscreen interface.
Your device regularly checks for available software updates via its WiFi or cellular data connection. When it finds a new software update, it can generally update itself in the background upon an "End Shift" action. However, there may be situations where a manual software update is required. It is possible to update your S2 or S3 software manually in a few easy steps.
WARNING: You must have constant power during the update process. Disconnecting power may lead to bricking of your device. On electric vehicles, make sure the vehicle battery is plugged in, for propane and IC engine vehicles please ensure that the key switch is on to supply power to the device. You may need to turn on the engine in certain IC/Propane vehicles to get power.
Here is a video that shows you how to go about doing a manual software update.
Here are the steps to update the software on your device manually:
- Make sure your device is powered on and stays powered on during the update process. DO NOT disconnect power during the update process.
- If the device is in the middle of a shift, you will need to click the "End Shift" button.
- On the touchscreen, open the admin menu by clicking the 3-dot menu button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Look at the bottom of the screen and note down the version of software running. For example, it may read as "V.1.11P" as shown in the video above.
- Enter your admin credentials and login to access the full settings.
- Click on the "Software Updates" option.
- The device will show you a list of software updates available.
- Click the "Install Now" button on the software update.
- Once the update is installed you may hear a sound or see a notification on the screen.
- Click the 3-dot menu button again and check for the software version number at the bottom to confirm that the latest version is installed.