This article demonstrates how you can save a lot of time by assigning checklists directly to asset types rather than to individual assets.
Assigning a checklist to a number of assets one by one can be very time consuming, especially in a case when we have a huge number of similar assets and same checklist needs to be assigned to all of them.
We can assign a checklist to an asset type rather than to individual assets of the same asset type. This eliminates the repetition of same task on every asset.
Lets see how we can do this:
- Log into the dashboard using Account Admin/ Account Owner credentials.
- Make sure that the Asset type to which you want to add a checklist is already defined. Please check the article: how-to-create-a-new-asset-type to see how a new asset type is created.
- Make sure that the checklist is already created. Please check the article: how-to-add-a-new-checklist to see how a checklist is created.
- Click on “Asset types” in the “Management” dropdown in the left navigation panel.
- Select the Asset type to which you want to assign a checklist from the list of defined Asset types and click on the tab “Asst Type Checklists”.
- Click on the “Add Checklist” option at the bottom.
- Click on the drop down and select the checklist that we want to assign to the asset type currently selected and hit “Save” after that.
- Once saved, it will automatically link the checklist to all assets of that asset types.