This article walks you through steps to update firmware for your S3 device.
WARNING: Please confirm that the software version running on your tablet is V1.1.12P or higher. To check this, click on the 3-dot menu button on the top-right corner of the screen and look at the bottom of the screen to see the software version.
- If the software version number is lower than V1.1.12P then you will need to manually update your device's tablet software, please click here for instructions on how to manually update your tablet software.
- Once you have completed the manual update step, please confirm the software version on your tablet is V1.1.12P or higher by following the instructions in the warning above.
- Now, you are ready to conduct the S3 firmware update.
- Ensure that your S3 Gateway (black box) is receiving power. For electric forklifts the battery must be plugged in, for propane forklifts, the engine must be turned on. To confirm that your S3 is powered on, look at the center lens of the camera sensor to confirm that there is a flashing red light.
- Do NOT disconnect power during the update process or your device may get bricked.
- On the tablet, click on the 3-dot menu button in the top right corner and enter your admin credentials to enter the admin mode.
- Click on "Software Updates".
- Your device should show "S3 Update Available". Do NOT install the S3 update before upgrading your tablet software.
- Click on "Install Now" to start the S3 update process.
- The update process may take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the update is complete, the warning will go away from the screen and you will be able to exit the admin menu and resume normal operations.