This article will show you how to troubleshoot if your access control bluetooth relay gets disconnected from the tablet after being connected for some time.
Your tablet and access control relay should not disconnect once paired successfully if you are running Software version V1.1.15P or newer.
In case you are facing this issue here are the steps that you need to make sure at your end:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Scout app. Check this article: how-to-manually-update-your-s2-or-s3-tablet-software.
- Make sure the tablet is always connected to the power cable and receiving power.
- Ensure that the tablet is paired to correct the access control relay:
- Check that the bluetooth mac address printed on the access control relay matches the mac address of the access control relay on your device. If the access control relay does not have a mac address label on it, then power off other trucks to ensure only this
- Ensure that the correct truck unlocks when you enter your PIN and "Start Shift".
- If the problem is still not resolved, submit a support ticket via email or call us. Please have the Tag ID of the tablet handy.
Note: In certain cases, if the tablet loses charge completely it may take you to the access control pairing step. The pairing step is not required and can be skipped. Please contact support if this happens.