This article describes how the PIN number is different from Email ID and Password
All types of users have a PIN number while Email ID and password are only for Account Owner, Account Admin, and Worksite admin.
PIN number is used to log in to the tablet as an operator. It can not be used to log in to the Dashboard. The operators can log only into tablets and not into the dashboard. Check this article for details: how-an-operation-signs-into-s2-tablet.
Email ID and Password can be used by the Account Owner, Account Admin, and Worksite Admin to log into the dashboard and in tablets as an admin. It enables them to make changes reserved only for supervisors. An example is to log into the tablet to assign/ unassign an asset: how-to-assign-s2-to-a-vehicle.
Points to note about the PIN number:
- A pin number should have a minimum length of 4 characters.
- A pin number can have a maximum length of 32 characters.
- A pin number can not have special characters.
- A pin number can have alphabets (both upper and lower case).
- A pin number can have numbers.